Every step, every mile, every pound. It all makes a difference.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without people like you taking part in events like this. Your support has such an impact. Every pound you raise will help us reach families going through one of the toughest times of their lives.
Each year, Shelter helps millions of people struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that one day, nobody will have to turn to us for help.
You’ll find our services in all corners of the country. And now we need all corners of the country to help us by taking part in HomeRun. Only by coming together can we reach more people in urgent need of our support.
How your support helps
- £150 could answer 15 urgent calls to our helpline
- £400 could help five families get legal advice to keep their homes
- £860 could help run our web chat advice service for a day
The scale of the crisis
- 4,750 people slept rough on a typical night last year
- 268,000 people have nowhere to call home, staying in places like homeless hostels
- Every 13 minutes, another family in England becomes homeless
A special thank you
We owe a very big thank you to Ravensbourne University in London, who held a contest to help us develop this event. We received 14 creative and brilliant proposals from students on the university’s BA Digital Advertising and Design course.